Saturday, October 2, 2021
3:15 - 4:00 pm
Q & A with pre-submitted and live-chat questions — admissions, financial aid, overview of the Division and its options
Moderator: Paul Asimow, professor of Geology and Geochemistry and chair of GPS Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Committee.
4:00 - 4:30 pm
Hear directly from students about their research and the paths that led them to graduate school -- talks with time for live-chat questions
- 4:00-4:15 Julie Inglis, planetary science: "Where do Planets Come from? Connecting Atmospheric Properties of Young Planets to Their Formation"
- 4:15-4:30 Dustin Morris, geology: "Snowballs in the Desert, Studying Climate Transitions in Earth's Deep Past from the Naukluft Mountains of Namibia"
- 4:00-4:15 Renee Wang, geochemistry: "Studying Microbial Metabolisms: Everything but the Kitchen Sink"
- 4:15-4:30 Henry Peterson, ESE: "From the Top of the Atmosphere to the Bottom of the Ocean"
4:30 - 5:15 pm
Q & A with pre-submitted and live-chat questions — graduate student life (academic, research, and social), division climate and culture, what it's really like here!
Moderator: Geobiology: Sergio Parra
- Cosmochemistry: Olivia Harper Wilkins
- Geophysics: Tobias Koehne
- Geophysics: Olivia Pardo
- ESE: Polina Khapikova
- ESE: Sara Murphy
Feel free to check out our lab tour videos :
Other related resources
- Student panelist Olivia Harper Wilkins created and published this free virtual, asynchronous workshop for personal statement writing: http://livwithoutlimit.thinkific.com